- Suitable forfor 20.000 litres of water
- Suitable forfor 10.000 litres of water
- Download the brochure
- View the video
- Download the manual
- View the instruction video
Algae Stop works effectively against both fibrous and slimy algae and floating algae (green water) in a pond. Phosphate is an important nutrient for algae. This product binds phosphate in water, as a result of which algal growth is prevented. Safe for all flora and fauna in a pond.
- To treat 500 litres of pond water you need 25 g (= 1 level measuring cap). If many fish or few plants are present and / or the phosphate content is > 1.0 mg/l than apply 50 g per 500 litres. The phosphate content can decrease to below 0.03 mg/l and will reduce algal growth in this way.
- Mix the for your pond necessary amount Algae Stop with 10 litres of water and pour it evenly over the whole water surface. The initial milky colour will disappear within a few days.
- Repeat this every 8 weeks to prevent algal growth.
- The product is no biocide. Algal growth, if algae are present, will reduce within a couple of weeks owing to the lack of nutrients.
- Especially in ponds with many fish and at high temperatures, lack of oxygen may occur after removing algae. Aeration or partial refreshment of water may be necessary in that case.
- A couple of days after applying a product against algae (algicide), phosphate is released from killed algae. Remove this phosphate with the help of Algae Stop.